Zone 6 Commercial Gillnet Fishery
- Area: All of Zone 6
- Dates/Times: 6 AM Monday, August 22 to 6 PM Thursday, August 25 (3 nights) and 6 AM Monday, August 29 to 6 PM Friday, September 2 (4 nights) and 6 AM Monday, September 5 to 6 PM Saturday, September 10 (5 nights).
- Gear: Set and Drift Gillnets with 8-inch minimum mesh size restriction.
- Allowable Sales: Salmon (any species), steelhead, shad, yellow perch, bass, walleye, catfish, and carp may be sold or retained for subsistence. Fish landed during the open periods are allowed to be sold after the period concludes. Sturgeon may not be sold, but sturgeon from 38 to 54 inches fork length in the Bonneville Pool and sturgeon from 43 to 54 inches fork length in The Dalles and John Day Pools may be kept for subsistence purposes.
- Closed Areas: Standard sanctuaries applicable to gillnet gear. The standard Spring Creek Hatchery Sanctuary is in place.
- The Zone 6 Platform and Hook and Line fishery regulations remain unchanged.
Tributary Fisheries and Fisheries Downstream of Bonneville Dam
- Consult your tribe’s Fishery Department for current regulations in these areas.
Note: This announcement is an informational document and does not constitute a fishery regulation. Individual tribes determine actual fishing regulations for their members. Copies of regulations are available from tribal fishery departments.
- Vaccines work and are safe. Get vaccinated to help protect you, your family, and your tribal community. One Community Health is the tribal health partner in the Columbia Gorge. Call them at 541-386-6380 to schedule your free vaccination or call your tribal clinic to get it before heading to the river.