Learn how to properly care for your fresh and preserved fish in a way that meets federal food safety guidelines and builds public confidence of Indian-caught salmon as a safe and top brand in the marketplace. The full workshop (1-1/2 days) and refresher (1/2 day) will be held in Lyle, Washington on October 18 & 19.
- Guiding principles for selling over the bank/farmers markets
- Selling and delivering to wholesalers
- Selling fresh & after-market products
- Basics of caring, preserving, proper packaging, and product labelling
- Lunch provided both days at noon
The workshop will be taught by Drs. Barbara Rasco and Gleyn Bledsoe, who have helped fishers with food safety education for over 20 years.
- One and a half day training
- Day One: October 18, 9am to 4pm
- Day Two: October 19, 9am to noon
- Half day training
- For fishers who have already taken a HACCP course. Session willl also include a marketing discussion
- October 19, 1pm to 5pm
Both workshops will be at Lyle Lions Club (503 Lewis & Clark Hwy, Lyle, WA)
For more info or to register, text or call: Buck Jones (971) 221-2546 or Les Brown (503) 799-8640.