Closing Date: Open until filled.
This position provides support to accounting and operations functions. The position will have primary duties in fleet management, document management, and general ledger account reconciliations. It also assists in the back-up of other accounting and operations functions such as front desk coordination, asset receiving and tracking, and travel coordination.
The position prepares general ledger journal entries; assists in special project management; participates in internal and external audit; and works in other areas managed by the Department.
- Department: Finance & Operations
- Classification: Full time, regular, non-exempt
- Salary/Wage Range: Salary range $42,731-$55,546
- Location: Portland, Oregon
- Closing Date: Open until filled
Essential Job Functions
- Manages GSA and other fleet vehicles through mileage logs. Prepares the monthly GSA billing reconciliation. Assists with fuel card issuance and management.
- Receives, electronically logs, and distributes all departmental mail.
- Responsible for the scanning of supporting documentation into the finance records, including uploads to the Sage ERP 300 document management system.
- Receives assets and tags them for inventory management. Scans and records packing slips, receipts and related documentation.
- Regularly backs-up the Front Desk Coordinator and performs the required functions.
- Assists in fixed asset inventory by helping with yearly inventory, and ensuring all items are recorded for insurance purposes. Assets with asset disposal, transfer, and retirement and reconciling assets to the general ledger.
- Assists with travel arrangements for staff following internal policy and the Federal Travel Regulations.
- Reconciles accounts and makes required general ledger journal entries.
- Coordinates departmental calendars using Office 365.
- Assists internal and external audit activities to ensure accuracy of the general ledger and to minimize external audit expense by analyzing accounts, preparing schedules and journal entries, and making recommendations to ensure accuracy of accounts.
- Assists in special projects by providing support through financial analysis, account reconciliations, reviewing and writing documents, to develop recommendations or find solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position is expected to exercise independent judgment and initiative in performance of duties and assignments and should have experience in working with all levels of accounting and demonstrate the ability to work cooperatively with other staff. Confidentiality of information is required.
- Experience working with Not-For-Profit and Governmental organizations (Public accounting), with a working knowledge of the OMB Uniform Guidance (Circular 2CFR 200) and Fund Accounting is beneficial.
- Working knowledge of governmental accounting practices and procedures, including Federal Travel Regulations (FTRs) and of Federal OMB financial standards that apply to federally recognized Indian tribal governments (Circular 2CFR 200) will also be considered favorably.
- This position requires minimum travel.
- Depending upon experience and qualifications, the position will be rated with the following accounting grade which is used as guidance for compensation on CRITFC’s Salary Schedule:
- Grade 7 (Accounting Technician):
- In addition to performing all of the Essential Job Functions, which may require training, the following qualifications are required:
- Associate Degree in Accounting, or related field (Business, Management) required.
- A minimum of one to three years’ experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger account analysis including preparation of general journal entries.
- A minimum of one to three years’ experience with Sage ERP 300, or similar accounting software. A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel software application and knowledge of Office 365. Proficient in Word software application.
Experience with Crystal report queries, or similar database programs, is desirable.
- Grade 7 (Accounting Technician):
- Supervision Received: This position reports to the Controller on an ongoing basis.
- Supervision Given: This position has no supervisory role.
The position will require occasional moving of files. Additional or extended working hours will be required occasionally to deal with accounting issues.
CRITFC Motor Vehicle Policy
The driver operating a CRITFC vehicle or their own private vehicle for business related purposes shall be in possession of a valid, unrestricted current driver’s license, or other operator’s license, as required by law; and be eligible for coverage under CRITFC’s Motor Vehicle insurance policy. Upon request, CRITFC’s Motor Vehicle policy is available to applicants to review the required criteria.
CRITFC requires all new employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first day of employment, and as a condition of that employment.
All qualified individuals, including women, veterans, minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Hiring preference will be given to qualified enrolled members of federally recognized tribes and Alaskan Natives, especially to members of the four CRITFC member tribes (Warm Springs, Yakama, Umatilla and Nez Perce). If accommodations are needed during the application process, please contact Human Resources (see info below).
Note: no incomplete application will be considered.
Complete application materials include a cover letter, CV/resume, a completed job application a copy of relevant certifications and a list of at least three professional references.
Send application packet to:
ATTN: Human Resources
700 NE Multnomah, Suite 1200
Portland, OR 97232
You may submit your application by:
- Surface mail to the above address
- Fax to (503) 238-3571
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org