Closing Date: Open until filled.
We seek an organized and experienced HR professional to be our next Human Resources Partner. This role is responsible for providing the full spectrum of HR services to the organization, including recruiting, onboarding, retention, compensation, benefits, employee relations, and HR information technology. This is a superb opportunity to serve the Columbia River and its people at one of Portland’s top nonprofit organizations.
CRITFC offers competitive compensation and an exceptional benefits package, including medical, dental, 401(k), 12 days of vacation (to start), 12 paid holidays, and paid sick time. Relocation assistance is available. We provide professional development opportunities, promote from within, and have a Native hiring preference as part of our commitment to our people. As a result, you will find a work environment that supports and inspires our shared goals of protecting the natural world and the tribal cultural connection to it.
- Classification: Full-time, clerical
- Location: Portland, OR (hybrid)
- Salary Range: $60,000 to $70,000
- Take the lead on providing HR services (recruiting, initiating personnel actions and entering them in the HRIS, etc.)
- Be the organization’s onboarding expert. Onboard all CRITFC new hires on their first day of work. Help departments to establish their own internal onboarding protocols. Help every new employee to feel a sense of belonging.
- Take the lead on employee benefits. Manage benefits open enrollment each year.
- Get to know every CRITFC job and every employee.
- Learn the treaties and regulations that apply to tribal employment law, which is significantly different that U.S. employment law.
- At least three years experience in a dedicated HR or Recruiting role.
- Experience with employment law in Indian Country is a plus.
- Strong tech skills, including strong experience using HRIS and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). ADP experience is a plus!
- Ability to manage details. You know that HR work is detailed work, and you get your work done right the first time.
- Strong project management skills and ability to keep projects moving forward, even when obstacles arise. You always have a plan, and you always meet your deadlines.
- Self-awareness. You can listen well and center others. You tend not to be defensive. You are generally OK with making mistakes and taking responsibility for them.
- You know that you can’t do HR or recruiting without getting out from behind your desk. In your current role, you get around, attending all of the celebrations and meetings. You know your people and you know their jobs.
- You prefer a team environment at work, rather than working alone. You don’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and pitch in, even when it’s not your job.
- You can connect authentically with the widest range of people. You are an expert at helping people feel included.
- Expert skills in keeping HR matters confidential. You are privy to a significant amount of confidential and sensitive information, but you never disclose it.
This position is supervised by the HR Director. It has no supervisory role.
Hybrid flexible work schedule. Primarily sedentary work in an office setting, however, day travel may be required to meet with employees in Hood River and The Dalles.
CRITFC Motor Vehicle Policy
This job may require driving a CRITFC vehicle or your own vehicle for business (mileage compensated), and therefore you must be able to meet the terms of the CRITFC Motor Vehicle policy. Per the policy, applicants are required to have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record for the past three years. This includes a three-year record clear of the following:
- Reckless Driving
- Driving Under the Influence
- Suspension or revoked license
- No more than two at-fault accidents
- One major violation or two minor violations.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
(this will take you to another website).
Application review is ongoing and will continue until position is filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply early.
Please disregard the application information below. We are in the process of updating the application process and website templates.
Online applications are preferred, however if circumstances prevent an applicant from completing an online application, click the button below to download a form than can be completed physically. Submission instructions are on the form.
CRITFC implements a tribal preference policy and encourages citizens and descendants of our member tribes (Nez Perce, Umatilla, Warm Springs and Yakama) and other federally recognized tribes to apply.
CRITFC is committed to building a culturally inclusive community and a work environment that respects and inspires every person. Members of historically marginalized groups including women, people of color, those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are invited to apply.
CRITFC will consider non-citizen applicants who are authorized to work in the U.S. If not authorized to work in the U.S., CRITFC will provide reasonable support and accommodations to the candidate in obtaining U.S. work authorization. With the exception of certain employer required costs, CRITFC will not pay for costs related to applicant’s legal representation, filings for work authorization or immigration, or other costs related to obtaining work authorization.
*Please note: the term “Commission” as used in this description refers to CRITFC’s governing body. CRITFC is a tribal organization that is wholly owned and governed by the Nez Perce Tribe, the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation, The Confederated Tribes of the Warm Springs Reservation of Oregon, and the Confederated Tribes and Bands of the Yakama Nation. As a tribal organization, CRITFC is subject to a unique blend of policies and laws.