Legal Assistant II
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Salary Range: $53,636 To 78,895 Annually
Provides administrative and clerical support to members of the Policy Development & Litigation Support department. Specific duties of this position include, but are not limited to, document management, preparation of filings in administrative proceedings, contract preparation and routing, accessing federal dockets, answering phones, typing, travel auditing, scheduling meetings and appointments, copying and other administrative/clerical support activities.
- Prepare draft contracts, contract amendments, purchasing documents including purchase order requests, draft pleadings including certificates of service.
- File pleadings and related documents in administrative and judicial proceedings. Format and edit briefs, letters and memoranda.
- Assistance in completing grant applications and meeting compliance deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Coordinate with CRITFC budget and work plan development, including quarterly and annual reporting.
- Compile briefing materials for CRITFC delegations to meet with federal and state policy makers.
- Assist the Finance and other CRITFC departments with administrative needs, including budget compliance analysis.
- Coordinate with other Administrative Assistants on shared functions, such receptionist duties and meeting preparations. (15%).
- Provide administrative and technical support in the organization and maintenance of a legal filing system and archiving.
- Perform general administrative and secretarial tasks including, typing, proof-reading, copying, routing contracts during review, filing, processing mail, and making telephone and other contacts as requested, arranging meeting logistics, compiling Commission and committee books and receptionist duties.
- Required at times to drive to and attend off-site commission meetings.
Online applications are preferred, however if circumstances prevent an applicant from completing an online application or require help with an electronic application, email email@example.com for assistance.
CRITFC implements a tribal preference policy and encourages citizens and descendants of our member tribes (Nez Perce, Umatilla, Warm Springs and Yakama) and other federally recognized tribes to apply.
CRITFC is committed to building a culturally inclusive community and a work environment that respects and inspires every person. Members of historically marginalized groups including women, people of color, those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are invited to apply.
CRITFC will consider non-citizen applicants who are authorized to work in the U.S. If not authorized to work in the U.S., CRITFC will provide reasonable support and accommodations to the candidate in obtaining U.S. work authorization. With the exception of certain employer required costs, CRITFC will not pay for costs related to applicant’s legal representation, filings for work authorization or immigration, or other costs related to obtaining work authorization.
*Please note: the term “Commission” as used in this description refers to CRITFC’s governing body. CRITFC is a tribal organization that is wholly owned and governed by the Nez Perce Tribe, the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation, The Confederated Tribes of the Warm Springs Reservation of Oregon, and the Confederated Tribes and Bands of the Yakama Nation. As a tribal organization, CRITFC is subject to a unique blend of policies and laws.