Professional Services: Travel Management Program
Closing Date: June 6, 2022
The current CRITFC Travel Program consists of an in-house database system which was custom built many years ago to handle the business travel needs of that time. The system, which is a hybrid of some manual and some automated processes, worked satisfactorily enough, but with the advancements of technology and evolving travel related factors for staff, the system no longer supports those demands. Thus, the CRITFC is soliciting proposals from Contractors who can provide an end-to-end solution allowing for internal administration of a Travel Management Program.
- Contractors Invited: All licensed and qualified Contractors
- Proposal Submission Deadline: June 06, 2022, 5pm (PT)
- Tentative Award Selection: 30 business days after submission deadline.
- Project Initiation: Commences upon completion of signed contracts by all involved parties.
Essential Job Functions
The scope of service will include, but is not limited to the following elements:
- Creating and implementing an end-to-end solution allowing for internal administration of a Travel Management Program.
- Providing a 24/7 support service.
- Financial system integration compatible with Sage ERP 300 system integration support and implementation support.
- Multi-layered authentication controls, ensuring authorized access is provided.
- Credit card management and control.
- Providing periodic service review meetings.
- The proposed solution needs to ensure compliance with the United States Federal Travel Regulations, including Fly America Act, as well as other federal contracts and grant regulations unique to the CRITFC.
The CRITFC intends to engage with the contractor for period not to exceed three (3) years (i.e., 2022 through 2025 coverage years). The proposal must quote firm pricing for each of the three years. The duration may be reviewed from year-to-year at the CRITFC’s sole discretion. Annual contract renewals will be dependent upon satisfactory service evaluations.
Provide an end-to-end solution for internal management of the CRITFC travel system. Requirements will include, but are not limited to the following elements:
Management System must, at minimum, provide:
- The most economic, best-value travel options while complying with the CRITFC travel policy.
- Air, land, sea, lodging bookings.
- Group travel arrangements and meeting/conference bookings.
- Multi-level automated approval process.
- Travel Manager/Coordinator mode to confirm and apply payment on all bookings.
- Full, user-friendly itineraries.
- Customizable reports.
- The ability to charge costs to multiple internal department cost centers (also by percentages to each) and credit cards; and generate invoices and reports outlining costs related to each cost center and card.
- Automated yearly GSA per diem updates.
- Travel Advance calculation and tracking.
- No cost trips.
- GSA City Pair Fares.
- E-Tickets and associated refund process.
- Ability for traveler to shop/trip plan prior to approval process.
- Online vouch with paperless receipts (upload or automated).
- Online travel booking integration with mobile app.
- Online, offline, and self-booked reservations.
- Custom email templates.
- Google Maps integration for mileage.
- Real-time destination information (weather/health/quarantines/testing).
- Travel profile database with document expiration alerts (Passport).
- Foreign currency conversion.
Booking Tool must, at minimum:
- Provide real time search and booking capabilities, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with no additional charge to maintain, set up, or customize the booking tool.
- Maintain traveler profiles, with the capability of adding, maintaining user log in changing or deleting profiles by users.
- Be accessible for viewing and booking on a smartphone or tablet, in addition to a workstation desktop.
- Provide on-line user support i.e. chat support, etc.
- Online booking tool access must be secure; at least password protected and contain a ticket and payment authorization system.
- Provide reservation confirmation screens.
- Permit the use of online changes to be made by authorized staff.
- Provide capability of saving trips or cloning trip.
- List contracted lodging, air, car rental, and rail suppliers within the online booking tool.
- Identify preferred federal travel vendors.
- Include a secure payment authorization system that allows for multiple billing/payment options for the CRITFC to have available for its staff to select from, which must include payment by credit card and/or other select payment option.
- Support a pre-trip approval process to obtain multiple levels of approval via an automated process, and capture information about travel arrangements at the time of booking, i.e., travel itinerary details and trip approvals.
- Support the CRITFC travel policies identifying acceptable and non-acceptable travel.
- Provide full content and full functionality with participating carriers and other travel related vendors
- Provide the capability to input and transmit a frequent flyer rewards program number at the time of reservation.
- If requested, be able to provide the CRITFC records for a select number of years from date of purchase or be able to accommodate the CRITFC document retention policy.
- Minimally support Internet Explorer, Edge, Safari, Firefox, Chrome web browsers
- Provide secure user accounts
- Responsive design, all platforms should be usable on mobile, tablet and desktop devices
In addition, the Contractor is required to provide clear expectations of what the Contractor may need the CRITFC to furnish such as, additional information, expertise, equipment, etc., to ensure a successful program.
CRITFC Motor Vehicle Policy
The information on this page is does not include the entire RFQ. Click here to download the complete RFQ as a PDF.
We anticipate that the contractor whose proposal is the best solution for our project will be selected within 30 days of submission deadline of June 6, 2022). We will notify all contractors, whether they are disqualified, rejected, or unsuccessful although responsive.
Proposals must contain all information requested in the RFQ. The CRITFC will not consider additional information submitted after the closing date and may reject incomplete proposals.
Contractors must submit a digital copy (via email) of their proposal to Sara K. Pennington at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disregard the content below as it is part of the job listing template and irrelevant to the RFQ selection process.
Submit by email to email@example.com and indicate job title in the subject line. We will confirm receipt of your submission.
Submit by mail:
Attn: Human Resources
700 NE Multnomah Street, Suite 1200
Portland, OR 97232
Hiring preference will be given to qualified enrolled members of the four CRITFC member tribes (Warm Springs, Yakama, Umatilla, and Nez Perce) and other federally recognized tribes and Alaskan Natives. Veterans will also be given preference.
CRITFC is committed to building a culturally inclusive community and a work environment that respects and inspires every person. Members of historically marginalized groups including women, people of color, those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are invited to apply.
*Please note: the term “Commission” as used in this description refers to CRITFC’s governing body. CRITFC is a tribal organization that is wholly owned and governed by the Nez Perce Tribe, the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation, The Confederated Tribes of the Warm Springs Reservation of Oregon, and the Confederated Tribes and Bands of the Yakama Nation. As a tribal organization, CRITFC is subject to a unique blend of policies and laws.