Zone 6 Commercial Gillnet Fishery
- Area: All of Zone 6
- Week of August 28: Extend the ongoing fishery to close at 6 PM Friday, September 1 (1 additional night)
- Week of September 4: 6 AM Monday September 4 to 6 PM Friday September 8 (4 nights)
- Gear: Set and Drift Gillnets with 8-inch minimum mesh size restriction.
- Allowable Sales: Salmon (any species), steelhead, shad, yellow perch, bass, walleye, catfish, and carp may be sold or retained for subsistence. Fish landed during the open periods are allowed to be sold after the period concludes. Sturgeon may not be sold, but sturgeon from 38 to 54 inches fork length in the Bonneville Pool and sturgeon from 43 to 54 inches fork length in The Dalles and John Day Pools may be kept for subsistence purposes.Fish landed during the open periods are allowed to be sold after the period concludes.
- Closed Areas: River mouth and dam closed areas applicable to gillnets in effect. The Spring Creek Hatchery closed area is in effect.
Platform and Hook-and-Line Fishery
- The Zone 6 Platform and Hook and Line fishery continue under current regulations.
Tributary Fisheries and Fisheries Downstream of Bonneville Dam
- Consult your tribe’s Fishery Department for current regulations in these areas.
Note: This announcement is an informational document and does not constitute a fishery regulation. Individual tribes determine actual fishing regulations for their members. Copies of regulations are available from tribal fishery departments.
- If you have any fishing enforcement problems or need assistance or information, day or night, contact the Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fisheries Enforcement Office, 4270 Westcliff Drive, Hood River, Oregon. Phone: (541)-386-6363 or toll-free (800)-487-FISH (3474). Show pride in your tribe’s treaty rights by carrying your tribal ID. Please consult your tribal Fisheries Department for additional details on tribal regulations. PLEASE WEAR YOUR LIFE JACKETS FOR SAFETY and avoid overloading your boats.